Friday 10 January 2014

Bout of Books 9.0 Read-a-thon Update #4 and Double Date Book Challenge

It's Friday, I'm in Love,
After denying you of the previous two days challenges you finally get one. Enjoy !

Update #4
On Thursday morning, I forced myself to wake up early to finish Fear Street #2 - The Surprise Party by R.L Stine due to the massive cliff-hanger I ended myself on the previous evening. Needless to say I finished it ,reading from page 154 to the end page 167,but it ended up not being the best but not being the worst. 

I thought I'd figured out the murderer but then came the end that quickly abolished that prediction. My favourite thing about it was the fact that there were some re-occurring characters from book one which I've never come across in an R.L Stine book before. My favourite part was when she opened her lunch bag and thought there was blood inside but it was of course paint - typical cheesiness of a 80's YA horror book !

Unfortunately I only got to page 62 of 104 of Sweet Valley Twins #10 - One of the Gang by Francine Pascal.

Today I've finished it and hope to get to at least page 100 of The Lying Game #4 - Hide and Seek by Sara Shepard.
Double Date Book Challenge
The concept of this challenge is that you have to pick two books that have connection (same

era,genre etc) and say why they should go on a date together.

My choices :

The Babysitter's Club #1 - Kristy's Great Idea by Ann M. Martin
Sweet Valley High #1 - Double Love by Francine Pascal

I paired them together because they both basically share the crown for Best Original (by this I mean not one of their spin-offs like Sweet Valley Twins) and most successful 80's YA series. I can guarantee that when you pick up either of these you'll be hooked for life.

Possibly a Book Haul tomorrow,
Mimi
xheartx

No comments:

Post a Comment