Saturday 18 January 2014

Book Haul #1

So many books, So little time,
Today I was pretty successful on my shopping expedition although I unfortunately didn't get any Sweet Valley or Babysitters Club books. I did however get some things I didn't even know I wanted.

I shall list what they are from the top down and why I bought them/what they're about.

Anyway here are the books (and cassette) :


(Photo belongs to me)

The Police - Every Breath you take - The Singles Cassette  50p in Cancer Research UK

The Police are my favourite band (as well as loving 80's books I love the music and movies - I don't  listen to anything that was released after the 90's) so I couldn't resist when I saw this for such a low price. 

I love that it lists the lyrics and particularly the order form for a VHS showcasing their music videos for £16. Oh the world before YouTube ! 

The complete guide to the music of Bruce Springsteen by Patrick Humphries  £1.99 in Oxfam

Bruce is my favourite lyricist and my second favourite singer after Sting so I was overjoyed when I discovered this.

Essentially it ranks and explains the history of every Springsteen song up to his album 'The Ghost of Tom Joad' including pictures of The Boss through the years.

I want the complete guide to the music of Sting and The Police now which is listed on the back.

Samantha Slade #2 - Confessions of a Teenage Frog by Susan Smith  40p in Martin House Hospice 

I first heard of this series on Cliquey Pizza's (awesome Blog you should totally check it out by the way) A-Z of 80's YA series' and immediately added it to my TBR - who wouldn't love a horror
version of The Babysitters Club ?

Therefore when I saw the sequel I snapped it up immediately. It sounds extremely far-fetched but
that's what you expect from 80's YA.

Different Directions by Theresa Breslin 40p in Martin House Hospice

The plot line of this is so unrealistic - a teens Mother decides to go back to school and goes to the same school as her daughter. The teen is embarrassed but all her friends love her mother and she may even be dating her Maths teacher.

This sounds utterly hilarious so I can't wait to read it.

Point Romance - Russian Nights by Robyn Turner  50p in Scope

The cover is very cringe worthy for public viewing and so is the story - ballet student falls for a sexy Russian Dancer but they could be torn apart before their relationship even starts.

This doesn't stop me wanting to pick it up soon though.

Point Horror - The Snowman by R.L Stine 50p in Scope

I have already read this but I only owned it in a point horror collection and I wanted to own that spine chilling cover so I bought it.

One of R.L Stine's best and creepiest.

Magenta #2 - Magenta in the Pink by Echo Freer 89p in Oxfam

I have read and own the rest of this series which I love dearly.

It's similar to the Georgia Nicholas series for humour value so I'd recommend it to fans of that.

This final book I didn't purchase today but weeks ago but it arrived today.

The Lying Game #6 - Seven minutes in heaven by Sara Shepard 

The conclusion I've been anticipating - I can't wait to see how this ends.

I shall be back tomorrow with a review,
Mimi
xheartx









No comments:

Post a Comment